Today I turn 31. I was planning on writing something last year and titling it “30 for 30,” like the ESPN documentaries, but I flaked. Not this year! If I had to choose just one word to sum up this past year, it would be jam-packed (hyphenated words count as one, right?). Jam-packed full of life lessons. Jam-packed full of emotional rollercoasters and jam-packed full of uncertainty. Even with all of that, I still find myself filled with an abundance of gratitude.
Enough of my rambling. Here’s my list of 31 things that I’ve been grateful for during these past couple of years.
- Great health.
- Being able to learn from my brother Ike.
- Being able to mentor my brother Ike.
- My mom. Seriously, she’s like the closest thing to God.
- My ambitious heart. ❤️
- My brother Fred finally coming home.
- Getting all three credit scores above 720. 📈
- Starting a new relationship.
- Ending my relationship.
- Over 100K worth of credit to invest with.
- Traveling to Paris. 🇫🇷
- Traveling to Amsterdam.
- Traveling to Nigeria with my dad and my brothers. 🇳🇬
- Getting to meet all of my beautiful relatives in Nigeria for the first time.
fired“let go” from my job.
- Being able to feel certain feelings and emotions that were once foreign to me.
- Investing in my first property.🏡
- Starting my wholesaling business.
- Being in love.
- Experiencing heartbreak. 💔
- Gaining a better understanding of my dad after visiting where he grew up.
- Learning how to communicate more effectively.
- Old friends.
- New friends.
- My small, quaint, minimalist apartment.
- Becoming a more understanding individual.
- Books. 📚
- Experiencing my first threesome (not for the reasons you’re probably thinking).
- Opening myself up to new opportunities.
- Learning to let go and trust in God.
- Spending more and more time being excellent.